- More Time to Consider Your Options – You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions, without feeling rushed
- A Sense of Accomplishment – You’ll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of
- Fewer Family Concerns – Your surviving family members will have less to worry about in the event of your death
- The Prepayment Option – One of our funeral directors will explain each payment method and investment option available, and will help you make a decision that best suits you and your family
- Your Family Keeps More – When you prepay, your estate may not owe anything on funeral expenses. More of your assets and life insurance proceeds will go directly to your family
- Save the Amount You Need – Once you gain an understanding of all the costs involved, you can earmark a portion of your savings to cover those costs
- Fewer Last-minute Expenses – When you plan in advance, your family is less likely to incur additional expenses at the time of the funeral.
Points To Consider When Pre-planning
- Choose a reputable funeral home that has a solid track record in the community.
- Make sure your funds are secured in a separate trust fund or insurance policy and designated “irrevocable.”
- Consider the needs of the living. Your thoughtfulness enables your survivors to participate in a meaningful final tribute that helps them grieve and gives them comfort.
- Like any contract, before signing, read it carefully and make sure you understand all the provisions. Ask questions.
- Keep a copy of your plan in a safe place. Inform a close family member or friend that you have made arrangements and where the documents are kept.
- Put everything in writing that you discuss, and get copies for you and your family.
You can choose to transfer your pre-arrangements from another funeral home to ours. We believe that through a thorough and professional process, you will make a comfortable decision to have Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home serve you.